SOLD OUT this year!
The Associated General Contractors of New York State proudly present a program designed to assist the construction contractor member in developing future construction company managers and leaders. The Future Construction Leaders of New York State (FCLNYS) program will help teach the issues involved in managing a construction business in New York State. Attendees will have an opportunity to learn, in a structured environment, what they might otherwise spend years learning from personal experience.
The FCLNYS will accept about 20 to 30 mid-career managers who have been identified by their companies as future company and AGC leaders. The group will meet several times throughout
the year, both independently and in conjunction with other AGC events. Locations of the meetings will be spread across the state. Each meeting will last one or two days, and will combine instruction time with networking activities and social events.
From 1998 to 2021, AGC has graduated 484 professionals from the Future Construction Leaders program. Both participants and their executive leaders feel the program is a huge success.
AGC of NYS Contractor and Associate Members, AGC staff, and other industry experts will address the FCLNYS group on a variety of topics, such as:
• Introduction to AGC of NYS, AGC of America and other industry associations
• Design, subcontracting, and other industry issues
• Business management issues
• Employer and labor relations issues
• Bonding and insurance basics
• Project delivery systems
• Construction contract documents
• Dispute resolution options
• Work Compensation and Risk Management
• Marketing & Business Development
• Partnering and Specification Review
• Basics of NYS government, state contracting agencies, bidding procedures, legislative issues
• Human Resources Issues specific to our industry
DECEMBER 8-9, 2021, Saratoga Springs, NY
MARCH 2022 – New York, NY
MAY 2022 – Rochester, NY
AUGUST 2022 – AGC NYS Summer Meeting
Click here for a full flyer and registration form.