When you register you must select to either attend in person or online (via Zoom). This is how you will attend all seven classes, which allows us to have the room properly set up to meet the proper health and safety guidelines each week. You must register in advance – no “walk-ins”
The Supervisory Training Program (STP) developed by AGC, is designed specifically to meet the needs of the construction industry. Developed, updated, and field-tested by and for contractors, the Program consists of 6 courses that focus on the knowledge and skills that every supervisor must have to be an effective manager of people, time, equipment and materials.
This course includes the following sessions:
– Introduction to Contract Documents: understanding the relationship of contract documents to the construction process and to the superintendent’s work; contract terms.
– Contractual Relationships: contract types and contractual relationships; legal roles and responsibilities; becoming familiar with project documents; what is Alternative Dispute Resolution.
– Contract Forms and Documents: overview of standardized forms; regulatory issues; liens, bonds and insurance.
– Managing General Conditions: Articles of the General Conditions; levels of decision-making authority; the supervisor as agent of the contractor; closing out a project.
– Construction Field Documentation: learning documentation principles; meetings; issue files.
– Scope Changes: cost overruns; the changes clause; legal requirements necessitated by changes; cost recovery, differing site conditions.
– Time Impacts: time-related activities; extensions; consequences of time impacts.
– Avoiding and Resolving Disputes: disputes, claims and resolutions; dispute resolution process; summary of the course.
Cost: $210 per person for AGC NYS, ECA or NESCA
$260 per person for non-members.
Click here to download a registration form