Classes are Tuesday and Thursday nights from 5pm-7pm
Supervisory skill—or the lack of it—directly affects every company’s bottom line. Each day decisions made by every foreman and superintendent are crucial to the success or failure of every construction project. You make your money in the field. Or you lose it.
The Supervisory Training Program (STP) developed by AGC, is designed specifically to meet the needs of the construction industry. Developed, updated, and field-tested by and for contractors, the Program consists of 6 courses that focus on the knowledge and skills that every supervisor must have to be an effective manager of people, time, equipment and materials.
This course includes the following sessions:
– Oral and Written Communication: understanding the role of communication; communicating – your role and potential problems; reviewing different types of communication behaviors.
– Supervisors As Effective Communicators: knowing the components of positive, direct communication; developing better communication skills.
– Learn To Listen: realizing the importance of the power of being an effective listener, listening skills are an important tool for construction supervisors.
– Carrying On Conversations: understanding problems other people may have in communicating with you; developing questioning skills that help obtain information.
– Persuasion, Negotiation, And Confrontation: listening actively to what others are saying; encouraging others in their communication; applying specific skills or reflection, empathy, and nonverbal techniques.
– Communicate With Your Crew: using questioning, clarification, and feedback skills to understand others better; negotiating solutions to difficult situations.
– Put It In Writing: Provides you with writing techniques that will increase your effectiveness.
– Meetings That Work: giving and receiving directions more effectively; communicating skillfully with others – inside and outside your organization.
– Electronic Communication: encountering special problems when communicating with a group; structuring and leading meetings; ensuring productive communication.
– Improving Communication: using oral and written communication separately; knowing when a combination will achieve greater effectiveness; combining communication forms to increase the probability of your objective.
Cost: $250/person, AGC NYS or Syracuse Builders Exchange members, includes includes manual
$375/person, Non-members, includes manual
Click here to download a registration form.