NYC DOB is at my job site, Now What? – FULL EVENT REGISTRATION CLOSED
Being prepared for the inspection
Who Should Attend: Principals, Project Execs, Project Managers, Safety Professionals Superintendents
The past few years was a watershed year for the passage of a number of new construction laws in NYC (24 recently passed). Being prepared to comply is critical as the NYC DOB will be in full force with new inspectors being hired daily. Don’t miss this important seminar on how to handle a NYC DOB inspection.
Topics will include:
- The newest NYC Construction Laws
- How to best be prepared for a DOB inspector showing up on the jobsite.
- Who greets them and how is the intro handled?
- What are the best ways to address and handle DOB inspector’s requests?
- What documentation should you have on site already?
- What is the newest documentation required by Local Laws 81 and 196?
- What is the scope of the inspection? Why is DOB there?
- Field inspection, based on what scope was determined.
- How to interact (and how not to) with the DOB inspector.
- Suitable questions or comments during the field inspection.
- Review of findings (how and how not to react)
- Receiving a DOB Penalty – Stop Work Orders (SWO), what to do when a SWO is issued, what are the ramifications and fines?
- Contesting a violation – What are the steps?
- Final resolution, and what should contractors do after this phase?
SPEAKERS: – Peter Simon, J.D., CSP, Board Member of Construction SafetyAdvisory Committee of NY and Director of Plans & Logistics, Total Safety Consulting, LLC.
– John Connolly, Construction Safety Industry Expert, Director of Field Operations, Total Safety Consulting, LLC.
Cost: $75 per person for AGC NYS Members, $115 per non-member (Includes breakfast)
CLASS IS FULL – REGISTRATION CLOSED