The Supervisory Training Program (STP) developed by AGC, is designed specifically to meet the needs of the construction industry. Developed, updated, and field-tested by and for contractors, the Program consists of 6 courses that focus on the knowledge and skills that every supervisor must have to be an effective manager of people, time, equipment and materials.
This course includes numerous scenario-based case studies. Participants will use the information in each unit to determine a viable solution for each case study, and present process, data, and “best case” resolution.
This course includes the following sessions:
– What is Risk: introduces identifying sources of problems; identifying barriers to problems; preventing problems instead of solving problems.
– Human Performance Risk: describes the attributes required for quality safety leadership, communication methods, rules and expectations, and understanding the human factor to safety.
– Reactive Problem Solving: identifies the steps in a problem solving model and describes the steps included in the problem solving model.
– Proactive Problem Solving: focuses on recognizing the sources of risk related problems. Anticipating the problems that create the greatest risk and identifying the techniques for eliminating, minimizing or managing associated risks.
– Labor Costs and Subcontractor Risk: describes the relationship between proactive problem solving and cost control. Developing a Cause and Effect Diagram to help identify causes of problems; applying the problem solving and decision making process to subcontractor work.
– Safety, Risk, Emergencies, and Crisis Management: describes loss control, preventing workplace violence, jobsite security, public relations, terrorism, and understanding how to react to a crisis or emergency.
– Risk Management: identifies required insurance protection, worker’s compensation, direct and indirect costs, fleet safety programs, and environmental issues.
– Risk Specific Solutions: details the responsibilities of a site supervisor, site specific safety planning, and common hazard awareness.
Cost: $210/person for AGC NYS, ECA and NESCA members (price includes manual)
$260/person for non-members (price includes manual)
Click here to download a registration form.