7 training sessions over 7 weeks
The Supervisory Training Program (STP) developed by AGC, is designed specifically to meet the needs of the construction industry. Developed, updated, and field-tested by and for contractors, the Program consists of 6 courses that focus on the knowledge and skills that every supervisor must have to be an effective manager of people, time, equipment and materials.
This course includes the following sessions:
– Oral and Written Communication: understanding the role of communication; communicating – your role and potential problems; reviewing different types of communication behaviors.
– Supervisors As Effective Communicators: knowing the components of positive, direct communication; developing better communication skills.
– Learn To Listen: realizing the importance of the power of being an effective listener, listening skills are an important tool for construction supervisors.
– Carrying On Conversations: understanding problems other people may have in communicating with you; developing questioning skills that help obtain information.
– Persuasion, Negotiation, And Confrontation: listening actively to what others are saying; encouraging others in their communication; applying specific skills or reflection, empathy, and nonverbal techniques.
– Communicate With Your Crew: using questioning, clarification, and feedback skills to understand others better; negotiating solutions to difficult situations.
– Put It In Writing: Provides you with writing techniques that will increase your effectiveness..
– Meetings That Work: giving and receiving directions more effectively; communicating skillfully with others – inside and outside your organization.
– Electronic Communication: encountering special problems when communicating with a group; structuring and leading meetings; ensuring productive communication.
– Improving Communication: using oral and written communication separately; knowing when a combination will achieve greater effectiveness; combining communication forms to increase the probability of your objective.
Cost: $210/person for members of AGC, NESCA or ECA
$260/person for non-members
Click here to download a registration form